To support student work, the Student Work Placement Program (SWPP) is available.
Student Work Placement Program (SWPP)
The Student Work Placement Program (SWPP) has implemented some changes to their eligibility and wage subsidy requirements.
- Flexible internship duration: start and end dates may be adjusted
- Positions may be remote or on-site AND part-time or full-time
- Wage subsidies of 50% (up to $5000 per student per semester) to 75% (up to $7500/student/semester).
Sample Jobs: Software development/engineering, Clinical and laboratory research assistants, data scientists/analysts, teaching assistants, online literature, clinic receptionist, medical office assistant, and much more.
Innovate BC Innovator Skills Initiative Program (ISP)
*Available only for Winter 2022 work terms.
To be eligible, the student employee of a BC tech company must be both of the following:
- an under-represented student (see link below for more information)
- domestic or international post-secondary student.
Visit Innovate BC's link for more information.
For more information:
BioTalent: If you wish to learn more about the funding or if you would like to be pre-qualified before you hire, please contact Sue at firstname.lastname@example.org, or Colleen, 1-866-243-2472 ext. 221 or email@example.com.
Information and Communications Technology Council (ICTC): If you’re interested in finding out more or partnering with ICTC, please contact Cheryl Serpanchy at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Technation Canada: If you're interested in finding out more, please contact Brett Hotas at email@example.com