last update: April 16, 2020 3:00pm
Important announcement regarding COVID-19 and UBC Science Co-op Operational Changes as of Tuesday, March 17th.
Following UBC's COVID-19 plan to exercise social distancing, UBC Science Co-op will be moving our operation online as of Tuesday, March 17th.
- Please be assured that we will do our best to maintain service levels to all our students and employers during this time.
- All of our phone lines and emails are still monitored during regular business hours .
- The physical offices will be closed. (For urgent cases - contact email@example.com)
Please note that:
- If you are returning to Canada from another country, please review Government of Canada’s mandatory self-isolation plan (click on “Returning From Abroad” button below).
- All interviews and site visits will be held online or by phone. Our team members will be reaching out to you to confirm details of any appointments that you have already scheduled with us.
- Student appointments - your Coordinator can provide student appointments online or by phone. Please continue to sign up for an appointment time via SCOPE.
- Job postings and interview sign up will remain the same and continue to be handled through SCOPE.
- If your co-op placement has been moved from the office to working from home, CEWIL has provided tips on making that transition easier.
- Please check your emails regularly to receive the latest update from the Co-op office. If you don't have your phone number entered on SCOPE please do so to facilitate easier communication.
We understand this may be a stressful time for you. Please remain positive and calm and know that you are well supported by our team here in Science Co-op. You can reach out to us anytime if you have questions or would like to talk about your concerns.