The UBC Science Co-op Program appreciates the generous support and efforts of our Co-op Employers.
The Co-op Employer Recognition Awards will be given out annually in two categories:
- Company Recognition
- Supervisor Recognition
Awards will be given to select Companies and Supervisors who have provided an exceptional Co-op work term experience.
Category A: Company Recognition (Nomination from UBC Science Co-op Program) The nomination criteria will be based upon:
- Quality of work experience
- Support of the Co-op Program
- Contribution to Co-op Activities
- Participation to Co-op Professional Development Experience
Category B: Supervisor Recognition (Nomination by YOU! Science Co-op Students) The nomination criteria will be based upon:
- Meaningful and quality work experience
- Encourages professional growth opportunities (eg. industry events, conferences, publications)
- Provides mentorship and goes above and beyond
Potential nominees must be Co-op employers whereby a full-time UBC Science Co-op student worked for during the academic cycle (eg. Winter 2019, Summer 2019 and Fall 2019)
Frequency of Awards: Once a year and winners will be announced in December.
All current Co-op students are invited to submit a nomination for the Supervisor Recognition category by logging into SCOPE:
(Go to Dashboard/Submit a Form/Co-op Supervisor Recognition Award) Nomination Process It’s as simple as 1-2-3!
- Testimonial: Tell us in 2-3 sentences what makes your supervisor AWESOME! Disclaimer: The Science Co-op Program reserves the right to publish this testimonial and your name for marketing purposes.
- Supporting Facts: Include additional information (bullet points or a paragraph are fine) based on the nomination criteria.
- incomplete supervisor nominations from students will not be considered
- students with two supervisors are permitted to nominate both supervisors
This is a great opportunity and a tangible way to say "THANK YOU" to your supervisor. We look forward to receiving your nomination! Questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
For a list of past winners, please click here.
- Nomination for 2019 is now closed
- Nomination deadlines for 2020 will be posted in February 2020