The Pacific Leaders Tuition Grants for Co-op Employees program supports recruitment in the BC Public Service. For full details, please visit: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/careers-myhr/all-employees/career-development/pacific-leaders/co-op-grant
Co-op employees may be reimbursed up to a maximum of $1,000 per academic work term under the BC Public Service’s Co-op Program. The co-op work term tuition fee is the only expense that is eligible for reimbursement. Other tuition fees, university fees, and books are not eligible expenses. You can apply for this grant after successful placement is confirmed.
You are eligible to apply for co-op work term tuition reimbursement if you
- are registered in a recognized co-operative education program at a participating post-secondary institution
- are currently participating in the Co-op Program with a BC Public Service employer
Eligible employers include all ministries and provincial organizations that are enabled under the Public Service Act.
You are not eligible if you work in the broader public sector, including
- Provincial health authorities (e.g. Island Health)
- School districts and universities
- Crown corporations (e.g. Community Living BC, BC Hydro)
- Other municipal or federal governments (e.g. police)
These organizations have their own terms and conditions of employment.
For further inquires, please contact PacificLeadersCo-opGrants@gov.bc.ca